Ethereum inventor Vitalik Buterin commented on the widely followed Shiba Inu (SHIB) in Turkey. Buterin’s comments at his most recent conference sparked some backlash from SHIB advocates. Here are the details…
Vitalik Buterin speaks for SHIB
Vitalik Buterin made comments for SHIB at the recent LABITCONF conference. His comments sparked mixed reactions from SHIB advocates. Some disparaged the Ethereum co-founder for his statements. Lucie, a prominent member of the Shiba Inu community, along with other SHIB advocates, criticized Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin for his remarks about the Shiba Inu at the recent LABITCONF conference.
Still, others pointed out that the Ethereum co-founder’s intentions were not bad. They believe their words are simply misinterpreted. Buterin was last seen at the Latin American Bitcoin and Blockchain Conference (LABITCONF) 2022, which was held amid the FTX crisis in Buenos Aires, Argentina. At the conference, Buterin was consulted that Singapore-based cryptocurrency exchange Crypto.com owns 20 percent of its reserves in Shiba Inu.
Buterin impressed by SHIB’s $6 billion market cap
Crypto.com holds about 20 percent of its reserves in Shiba Inu. This translates to 32 trillion SHIB worth more than $500 million. The exchange has ETH worth $485.9 million. Therefore, the amount of SHIB is more than ETH reserves. In response to a question about Crypto.com keeping the Shiba Inu as a backup, Buterin expressed surprise at the disclosure. He used the following expressions:
Wow! 20 percent in Shiba Inu. So… Impressive. He responded by raising an eyebrow.
Buterin emphasized that he was impressed by the fact that the Shiba Inu still has a market capitalization of $ 6 billion. He stated that he didn’t understand why someone was holding $10 million in Shiba Inu. “I don’t understand the psychology of someone holding $10 million in a Shiba Inu right now,” he said.
Buterin is known to have a friendly relationship with the project. Because of this, backlash from the SHIB community has surfaced. The anonymous founder of Shiba Inu, Ryoshi, stated that he gifted almost 50 percent of the asset’s supply to Buterin. cryptocoin.com As we reported, in May last year Buterin burned 90 percent of the SHIB in his portfolio and donated the remaining 10 percent to charities.
In July, Buterin expressed his gratitude to the Shiba Inu team for their role in helping the project succeed the AI Existential Safety Fellowship. He also thanked the Shiba community for supporting the Balvi project in September. Meanwhile, SHIB has lost more than 10 percent over the past week.
Contact us to be instantly informed about the last minute developments. twitter‘in, Facebookin and InstagramFollow and Telegram and YouTube join our channel!
Risk Disclosure: The articles and articles on Kriptokoin.com do not constitute investment advice. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are high-risk assets, and you should do your due diligence and do your own research before investing in these currencies. You can lose some or all of your money by investing in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Remember that your transfers and transactions are at your own risk and any losses that may occur are your responsibility. Cryptokoin.com does not recommend buying or selling any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is Kriptokoin.com an investment advisor. For this reason, Kriptokoin.com and the authors of the articles on the site cannot be held responsible for your investment decisions. Readers should do their own research before taking any action regarding the company, assets or services in this article.
Disclaimer: Advertisements on Kriptokoin.com are carried out through third-party advertising channels. In addition, Kriptokoin.com also includes sponsored articles and press releases on its site. For this reason, advertising links directed from Kriptokoin.com are on the site completely independent of Kriptokoin.com’s approval, and visits and pop-ups directed by advertising links are the responsibility of the user. The advertisements on Kriptokoin.com and the pages directed by the links in the sponsored articles do not bind Kriptokoin.com in any way.
Warning: Citing the news content of Kriptokoin.com and quoting by giving a link is subject to the permission of Kriptokoin.com. No content on the site can be copied, reproduced or published on any platform without permission. Legal action will be taken against those who use the code, design, text, graphics and all other content of Kriptokoin.com in violation of intellectual property law and relevant legislation.