The US bankruptcy court in the Southern District of New York has authorized Flare airdrops to these altcoin account holders.
Owners of these altcoins will be able to receive airdrops
Eligible account holders of bankrupt crypto lender Celsius will now be able to receive an airdrop of tokens of the Flare (FLR) network. According to a court order filed Jan. 24, Chief Bankruptcy Judge Martin Glenn of the US bankruptcy court in the Southern District of New York authorized Celsius to credit eligible account holders Flare tokens to which they are entitled.
Flare network is a Layer-1 blockchain and oracle provider. Earlier this month, the blockchain distributed Flare tokens to anyone holding one or more XRP tokens during the December 2020 snapshot. XRP holders have been waiting for this distribution for over two years.
A grant distribution agreement between Celsius and the Flare network meant that XRP holders in Celsius accounts were also expected to receive the airdrop. However, Celsius filed for US Chapter 11 bankruptcy in July and therefore needed court approval to issue the tokens.
According to data from CoinGecko, Flare tokens are currently on the decline. The token reached an all-time high of 15 cents on January 10, the day after the airdrop took place. Approximately 4.28 billion tokens were distributed to buyers.
Airdrop took place
The Flare token airdrop finally took place after a two-year wait, with billions of tokens distributed to millions of buyers. The airdrop, originally scheduled for distribution in 2020, took place in the second week of 2023. The token distribution saw 4.28 billion FLR tokens shared among selected qualified buyers according to a snapshot taken in December 2020 that captured wallets holding at least 1 XRP at the time.
The 4.28 billion FLR distributed to users constitutes the project’s initial airdrop, accounting for 15% of the project’s total supply. Flare said in its announcement that the remaining 85% will be distributed over the next three years. This secondary phase deployment will continue based on a community vote within the Flare network community.
FLR token holders from today’s airdrop will be able to vote on the management proposal for secondary distribution. To do this, they will need to wrap their FLR tokens. While today’s airdrop marks the official FLR token distribution, users have been able to trade cryptocurrencies on exchanges like Bitrue and Poloniex using an IOU token. Moreover cryptocoin.com As we mentioned, FLR is trading at $0.03, down 8% instantly.
Contact us to be instantly informed about the last minute developments. twitter‘in, Facebookin and InstagramFollow and Telegram and YouTube join our channel!
Risk Disclosure: The articles and articles on Kriptokoin.com do not constitute investment advice. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are high-risk assets, and you should do your own research and due diligence before investing in these currencies. You can lose some or all of your money by investing in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Remember that your transfers and transactions are at your own risk and any losses that may occur are your responsibility. Cryptokoin.com does not recommend buying or selling any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is Kriptokoin.com an investment advisor. For this reason, Kriptokoin.com and the authors of the articles on the site cannot be held responsible for your investment decisions. Readers should do their own research before taking any action regarding the company, assets or services in this article.
Disclaimer: Advertisements on Kriptokoin.com are carried out through third-party advertising channels. In addition, Kriptokoin.com also includes sponsored articles and press releases on its site. For this reason, advertising links directed from Kriptokoin.com are on the site completely independent of Kriptokoin.com’s approval, and visits and pop-ups directed by advertising links are the responsibility of the user. The advertisements on Kriptokoin.com and the pages directed by the links in the sponsored articles do not bind Kriptokoin.com in any way.
Warning: Citing the news content of Kriptokoin.com and quoting by giving a link is subject to the permission of Kriptokoin.com. No content on the site can be copied, reproduced or published on any platform without permission. Legal action will be taken against those who use the code, design, text, graphics and all other content of Kriptokoin.com in violation of intellectual property law and relevant legislation.