In El Salvador, which has a population of more than 6.4 million, the government-backed bitcoin (BTC) wallet Chivo now has more than half a million users.
- El Salvador’s President, Nayib Bukele, shared on Tuesday. in the tweets directory Technical issues with the Chivo app “95% resolved”, He stated that the remaining problems will be solved in the coming days.
- It was stated that there are currently 51 Chivo points operating at full capacity and Chivo can be used at 200 different ATMs in El Salvador and 50 different ATMs in the United States.
- According to the President’s statement, ATMs in the USA are spread over regions such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas and Houston.
- Since El Salvador introduced bitcoin, bitcoin has been used in restaurants such as McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Wendy’s and financial institutions such as Bancoagricola in the country.
- Bitcoin usage is optional Emphasizing that, Nayib Bukele said that they are working to improve the user experience and about the technical problems experienced so far, “We put ourselves in a tough fight (like getting everything out in 3 months). We’ve made some mistakes, but we’re fixing them now, and hundreds of thousands of El Salvadorans can now use Chivo without any problems.” made his comment.
The article El Salvador’s Bitcoin Wallet Has More Than Half a Million Users was prepared by Ömer SAKMAR and published on koinbulteni.com.