As the global market cap of cryptocurrencies continues to rise, investors are witnessing an unprecedented investment interest in non-fungible tokens (NFTs). If the crypto industry can be called dynamic, the NFT market can be considered quite popular. Sales of NFTs rose to $10.7 billion in Q3 2021, an astonishing 700 percent increase from the previous quarter; The total value of NFTs skyrocketed to a new record high of $43 billion in October 2021.
NFT and Metaversers
The excitement in this field has been accompanied by the birth of a new field: NFT Metaverses. Bloomberg called these interactive virtual games “where crypto, gaming and capitalism collide” and the next stage in the evolution of the industry. Metaverses are not a novelty in themselves. Second Life, generally known as the first Metaverse of the internet age, was released in 2003 and reached over one million monthly active users at its peak. This was followed by several successful Metaverses, including Minecraft and Roblox, which had 140 million and 43 million monthly active users, respectively, in 2021.
Metaverses in their previous iterations had in-game currencies and economics that in most cases had no real-world value. The novelty of NFT Metaverses consists of having native cryptocurrencies used for transactions and in-game rewards, all of which have real world economic value. One of the most popular Metaverses, Axie Infinity, is on track to earn $2.7 billion in 2021. Game development company moon.ws now aims to harness the power of NFTs to launch the first interplanetary Metaverse – Moon.
Moon: NFT Metaverse goes beyond Earth
Moon is the world’s first NFT Metaverse based entirely on Earth’s satellite and consists of:
- Represented by NFTs, 26,000 HEX virtual land plots are provided, covering the entire lunar surface, which can be bought, sold, leased and developed as a player sees fit. All transactions are made with the native Moon (MON) token.
- There is the opportunity to develop the Moon as a completely new civilization, to open mines and businesses from scratch, to build real estate and infrastructure, and to create the political structures necessary to govern the “Lunar countries”.
- It offers a win-by-play structure that rewards the best players for winning competitions, creating value in their country, and outperforming their rivals through wars, alliances and superior economic performance.
The game can be described as a combination of Age of Empires, Rise of Nations and Sim City, combining strategic goals with long-term planning. Moon’s terrain NFTs are rare, non-replicable and limited. By making landlords viable economic, political, and military Moon countries, property owners increase the value of their properties. These NFTs can then be traded on crypto exchanges for other crypto and fiat currencies, generating real economic value. A number of advanced game add-ons (special building materials, weapons, know-how boosts, etc.) can help NFT owners increase their value faster by accelerating the development and success of their Moon colonies.
Moon positions itself as a unique offering in the NFT Metaverse space thanks to:
- There are an exciting number of in-game NFTs for players to boost their performance (extra oxygen resources, mining vehicles, moon-adapted excavation equipment, and more).
- You can earn additional rewards by participating in mystery solving contests, traveling to the dark side of the moon, and solving conspiracy theories.
- You can set up the Moon as a base for travel to Earth, other planets in the solar system and beyond – making it a purely interplanetary Metauniverse.
Moon plans to launch at a very positive moment for Blockchain Metaverses:
- Sky Mavis has raised $152 million at a valuation of approximately $3 billion to help Axie Infinity grow.
- Gaming startup Animoca Brands rose in October 2021 with a valuation of $2.2 billion.
- Chimeras has raised $2 million in funding to develop early-stage Metaverse projects.
Combining unique gameplay, a broad spectrum of NFTs, and an ecosystem built for long-term growth, Moon aims to be the next big success story in the Metaverse space.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored content and press release, and what is written here does not reflect the views of the Kriptokoin.com team. The high risk of loss must be taken into account in leveraged transactions and crypto money investments, and extensive research should be done before investing in any platform. Contact us to be instantly informed about the last minute developments. twitter‘in, Facebookin and InstagramFollow and Telegram and YouTube join our channel!
Disclaimer: The articles and articles on Kriptokoin.com do not constitute investment advice. Cryptokoin.com does not recommend buying or selling any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is Kriptokoin.com an investment advisor. For this reason, Kriptokoin.com and the authors of the articles on the site cannot be held responsible for your investment decisions. Readers should do their own research before taking any action regarding the company, asset or service in this article.
Warning: Citing the news content of Kriptokoin.com and quoting by giving a link is subject to the permission of Kriptokoin.com. No content on the site can be copied, reproduced or published on any platform without permission. Legal action will be taken against those who use the code, design, text, graphics and all other content of Kriptokoin.com in violation of intellectual property law and relevant legislation.