Bayraktar DİHA, which first appeared in April of last year, is preparing to close an important gap in the TAF inventory with its advanced features and operational capabilities. This fully autonomous vertical take-off and landing aircraft manages to stand out among its competitors in its field. Here are the details…
Baykar’s new DİHA is in flight test at 8000 feet!
As we have mentioned, Bayraktar DİHA is among the most advanced in its class in terms of features. This vehicle, which has a total of 5 engines and propellers, can take off vertically thanks to its 4 electric motors and vertical propeller. Then, thanks to the internal combustion engine and propeller behind it, it flies horizontally just like the TB2s.
In this way, the need for a runway in other UAVs is eliminated. Therefore, it can be easily ventilated from standard military ships or any military base and any point on the front. Thanks to its 5 kg payload carrying capacity, this vehicle, which can be equipped with Electro-Optic (EO) and Infrared (IR) camera modules and has a Laser rangefinder and marker, actually turns into a small-sized unarmed TB2.
Bayraktar DİHA will primarily undertake reconnaissance and intelligence tasks. Although the limits are much higher, the efficient operational altitude ceiling is at 15 thousand feet / 4.5 km. Although it varies according to the weather, speed and altitude, it can stay in the air for approximately 12 hours. It can also transfer the acquired data and images to command centers within 150 km.
Bayraktar DİHA features
Bayraktar DİHA technical specifications:
- Communication range: 150 km
- Cruising and top speed: 45-50 knots to 80 knots
- Operational Altitude and ceiling: 9 thousand feet to 15 thousand feet
- Airtime: 12 hours
- wingspan and length: 5 m – 1.5 m
- Payload capacity: 5 kg
- Maximum take-off weight: 50 kg
- Vertical take-off fully automatic flight system
- Fully autonomous with sensor fusion assistance
- Semi-autonomous flight mode with autonomous take-off and landing system
- Fault-tolerant system architecture and digital data and video Link
- Triple redundant flight control system and servo actuators
- Electro-Optical (EO) and Infrared (IR) Camera Module
- Laser distance meter – Laser pointer
What do you think about this subject? Don’t forget to share your views with us in the comments!