Baykar Technology has been on the agenda recently with the success of Bayraktar TB2 SİHA and Bayraktar Akıncı TİHA. On the one hand, the work on the folding-wing TB3 developed for the amphibious assault ship TCG Anadolu continues, on the other hand, the Akıncı B, Akıncı C and Kızılelma projects are progressing. According to the post made today, Bayraktar Akıncı made a national altitude record attempt.
Bayraktar Akıncı broke the national altitude record once again!
The national altitude record was broken once again in the climbing attempt carried out by Bayraktar Akıncı today. Having already achieved this record by climbing over 40 thousand feet last March, the aircraft ruled out its own record by climbing up to 45 thousand 118 feet this time.
Let’s say that this level is quite critical. Because even jet planes such as the F-16 can fly at around 40,000 feet in normal cruising, but reach the highest levels of 50 thousand feet. Of course, F-35s can go up to 60 thousand feet, and F-22s can go up to 65 thousand feet. But the turboprop For a powered UAV, this is a really hard level to reach.
The record broken today was broken by Akıncı B, the version with 2x 750 horsepower. The previous record of 40 thousand feet also belongs to this model. In the future, a more powerful model with 2x 900 horsepower called Akıncı C will come. Therefore, we can say that the next target is 50,000 feet.
- Bayraktar Akinci features:
- 45 thousand feet (13km+) altitude.
- Flight time exceeding 24 hours.
- Speed of 195 knots (361km/h).
- Fully automatic flight control and 3 redundant autopilot system.
- Automatic and precise landing and take-off independent of ground systems.
- Control from anywhere in the world thanks to satellite communication.
- It has no dependency on GPS. Internal Sensor fusion.
- It can use laser-guided smart munitions and our pupil SOM missile.
- AESA radar, Aselsan common aperture targeting system and electronic warfare systems.
- Take-off weight up to 6 tons.
- Payload up to 1.5 tons.
- Akıncı A – 2x 450 HP, total 900 HP engine power
- Akıncı B – 2x 750 hp, total 1500 hp engine power
- Akıncı C – 2x 900 horsepower, 1800 horsepower in total
- 12.2m long, 20m wingspan, 4.1m high.
- The ammunition that Bayraktar Akıncı can use:
- MAM L/C/T
- Penetrating Bomb
- Precision Guidance Kit
- Laser Guidance Kit
- Mark 81/82/83
- Wing Guidance Kit Mark 82
What do you think about this subject? Don’t forget to share your views with us in the comments!