AMD made an ambitious start with the Ryzen 7000 and Radeon 7000 series. Today, AMD offers Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards. Adrenaline Edition 23.1.2 released the graphics drivers. This is her kind third straight driver made. However, this update leaves out the Radeon RX 6000 series. Here are the details!
AMD releases Adrenaline Edition 23.1.2 driver for Radeon RX 7900 series
AMD today released Adrenalin Edition 23.1.2 drivers specifically for the Radeon RX 7900 series. However, this update directly targets the RDNA 3 family and of the RX 6950 XT including Radeon RX 6000 leaving the series out.
As of December 8, 2022, there is no new driver for legacy GPUs. This shows that AMD Radeon users are not in any majority. However, this does not mean that driver support for older generations has completely disappeared.
When we look at the prominent features of the new driver, it is possible to say that there are not many changes. For RX 7900 series Adrenaline 23.1.2 Notes for the software are listed below.
- Situationally high idle power was observed when using certain high resolution and high refresh rate displays.
- Some extended display configurations may experience video stuttering or performance degradation during game plus video playback.
- In UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End, stuttering can be observed in the opening sequence of the game.
- Stuttering can be observed in Forspoken when Dynamic Resolution is set to enabled.
- App crashes when opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS FIFA 23.
- Stuttering can be observed while playing Sea of Thieves.
- Some virtual reality games or applications may perform less than expected.
- The highest encoding bitrate is limited to 100 Mbps for some applications.
- AMD software: Adrenaline version may fail to start with “Delayed Write Failed” error message on Microsoft Windows 11 version 22H2.
- Poor performance and loading time may be observed while playing SpaceEngine.
- Missing or flickering textures may be observed while playing Emergency 4.
So, what do you think about the AMD Radeon 7900 series? Do not forget to share your views with us in the comments section!